Posting Date : Jun 18, 2013 GMT
Product name: EDTA Acid, (Ethylene Diamine Tetraacetic Acid)
CAS No.: 60-00-4
Molecular Formula: C10H16N2O8
Molecular Weight: M=292.2
Properties: EDTA is a white crystal powder, insoluble in common organic solvents, soluble in boiling water 160 times as much and in alkali solvents like sodium hydroxide. At 150 degree, it shows the tendency to depart from carboxyl.
Melting point: 240 degree(decomposition)
Dissolving degree in water: 0.5g/L(25 degree)
Specifications as below:
Appearance: White Crystal Powder
Assay%: ≥ 99.0
Test on Dissolving in Sodium Carbonate Solution: Pass
Residue after Burning (Sulfate) %: ≤ 0.15
Chloride( Cl- ): ≤ 0.01
Sulfate(SO42-) %: ≤ 0.1
Iron (Fe) %≤ : 0.001
Heavy Metal (Pb) %≤ : 0.001
Main Application: An agent for complexation, EDTA is mainly used for water treatment, as an additive to detergent, a chemical for photography, paper-making and oil-field. It is also used as detergent for boiler cleaning and reagent in chemical analysis.
1. High molecular chemical industry: EDTA is used as polymetization activator for butyl bezene latex, and polyreaction terminator in acrylic fibre production.
2. Daily chemicals: EDTA is used as additive to detergent, skin cream and hair-conditioner.
3. Paper-making: EDTA is used for treating the steamed fibre. It will promote the whiteness of paper and reduce the incrustation in the steamer.
4. Pharmaceutical industry: Through cyclopolymerization with methyl amide, EDTA is made into ethyl amide, a remedy for psoriasis. It is also a stablizer for some vaccines and an antihaemoagglutinin.
5. Textile dyeing and printing: EDTA will promote colour ability of the dyestuff and brightness of the dyed fabric.
Packing: PP bag, 25kg/bag. 20MT / 20' FCL, 18 MT / 20' FCL, with pallets
Storage: Be stored in dry and ventilated warehouse. Avoid direct sunshine and handle with care.
ITEMS SPECIFICATIONS TEST RESULTS
APPEARANCE WHITE CRYSTAL WHITE CRYSTAL
PURITY 99.0%MIN 99.42%
CHLORIDE (CL) 0.01%MAX 0.005%
SULFATE(SO4) 0.1%MAX. 0.02%
IRON 0.001%MAX 0.0005%
HEAVY METAL 0.001%MAX 0.0004%
RESIDUE AFTER BURNING 0.15% MAX 0.10%
TEST ON DISSOLVE IN SODIUM CARBONATE PASS PASS
Shanxi Tianyuxinyuan Chemicals Co., Ltd
No.6-6 Songzhuang Village,Haozhuang Town,Yingze district ,Taiyuan city,Shanxi,China, taiyuan, Shanxi, China